Space Systems Lab
University of Maryland
Directions to the SSL Facilities - from BWI Airport
Directions to the SSL Facilities
from Baltimore/Washington International Airport
Estimated travel time:
Call your point-of-contact or 301-405-7353 if you get lost.
- From BWI, follow the signs to route I-95 south towards Washington, DC. (or ask the rental car agency how to get to 95 south).
- Take route 95 south towards Washington, D.C.
- Drive for about 30-40 minutes.
- Take exit 27 (495 west) and follow signs for route 1 towards College Park. As soon as you exit 95 at exit 27, you will have to get in the left lane and make a left exit to follow the signs towards route 1 - College Park.
- Keep following the signs for route 1 - College Park and get off at exit 25B (route 1 south - College Park).
- Stay in the middle lane of the exit ramp. There will be a traffic light at the end of the exit ramp. Merge right and head south on Route 1.
- Go through 2 lights (at Cherry Hill Road and Fox Street).
- Exit onto route 193 west.
- Go past a golf driving range on your right.
- At the next traffic light, make a left onto Paint Branch Drive. The sign will say "UM Events."
- Follow Paint Branch Drive past the Comcast basketball arena (home of the 2002 NCAA Men's Basketball and 2006 Women's Basketball Champions), the softball field, and large parking lots on the left and right.
- Go through the stop sign after the parking lots and make the second right onto Technology Drive (just past the Biomolecular Sciences Building - Bldg. 296).
- If you are arriving after 4:00p, you can park in just about any
parking lot. If you are arriving during the business day, make an
immediate left into the Paint Branch Drive Visitor Parking lot. Bring
the pink parking ticket they give you.
- To get to the NBRF, exit the north-side of the parking lot and walk west along Technology Drive. The NBRF will be the first building on your right after the pond.
- To get to the Kim Engineering Building, exit the south-side of the parking lot. The Kim Building is the building you see in front of you.
- To get to the Manufacturing Building, exit the north-side of the parking lot and walk west along Technology Drive. The Manufacturing Building will be the second building on your right after the pond.
Back to Top